Sunday, May 10, 2009

I LOVE DUMBO/ DUMBO Loves Melanie's Books

Superfine sells autograhed copies of MERMAIDS ON PARADE all year.
They are located at 126 Front Street 718.243.9005.



Today was one of those great days in DUMBO Brooklyn for chats, hugs, delicious food and books. It started at Superfine. Nothing beats my favorite Sunday brunch and live music with the Lounge Leader.

Superfine owner Cara Lee Sparry poses with my book. Thanks, Superfine!


After brunch I walked over to the Bklyn Designs show at the St Ann’s Warehouse.



Iglooplay children's furniture by Lisa Albin Design invited children’s authors and illustrators for book readings and signings. Thanks, Lisa! Author and illustrator Janet Pedersen warmed the bench reading her delightful book, "Houdini the Amazing Caterpillar". Lisa Albin, Janet Pedersen and I had the Mother’s Day spirit.



Then it was my turn to read.


A full moon Mother's Day felt filled with love. Even met my former yoga teacher at the show!


My time at the show was over. I strolled through DUMBO and discovered that Kim who owns Journey at 166 Water Street displays a copy MERMAIDS ON PARADE in her beautiful shop. Thanks Kim!


I stopped into P.S. Bookshop at 145-A Front Street. They sell autographed copies of A CITY IS and GOOD MORNING, DIGGER. Thanks, Yuval!


On the way home I stopped into powerHouse Books at 37 Main Street. They carry autographed copies of A CITY IS. Thanks, Susanne!


Did I tell you that I LOVE DUMBO?

Photo Credits : Melanie Hope Greenberg, Janet Pedersen and Sat Jagat Singh Khalsa.

No comments: