Sunday, February 1, 2009

Local Bookstores

The main idea for a story is called a THEME. A theme I often use in my books is COMMUNITY. Community is the coming together of people. I've illustrated books about the global community and the local community.

Let's explore the people behind the scenes who work hard alongside the authors and illustrators. Bookstores are important to a community because they provide a place to see and buy books, open our minds to the world around us, and they hold community events which bring people together.

A big shout out to these local stores where you can find my books!

THANK YOU!

Stores who wish to be added to the list can contact me at my website.

* BANK STREET BOOKSTORE
* BOOK COURT “MERMAIDS ON PARADE” Best Seller List
* BROOKLYN HISTORICAL SOCIETY
* BROOKLYN MUSEUM SHOP
* BY BROOKLYN
* COMMUNITY BOOKSTORE
* EDAMAMA CUTE CUTS 568 Union Ave Unit B Bklyn NY 718.338.3663
* FLYING SQUIRREL
* GREEN IN BKLYN
* GUMBO
* IBIZA KIDZ
* MINI JAKE
* MY LITTLE SUNSHINE
* NEW YORK TRANSIT MUSEUM
* PLAY KIDS
* PS BOOKS
* SUPERFINE 126 Front Street Brooklyn 718.243.9005
* WORD UP BOOKS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that if I couldn't illustrate children's books, I'd love to work in a bookstore and at least support the great books I love. Bookstores, especially the independent ones, do an excellent service to everybody.

melanie hope greenberg said...

Hi Christine,

The MN ARA came over to say hello to me the other night at the SCBWI party and we talked about you.
Were your ears burning?

Thanks for writing.

melanie hope greenberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Davie Movers said...

Apprreciate this blog post