Thursday, September 15, 2011

How I Create an Illustration 3 - SCIENCE

If you are my Facebook Friend then you might have seen my Profile Pic for September 2011. What, you are not a FBF? Please join me on Facebook.

The "S" was from an illustration I created for Young Children Magazine. It was one of the letters that spelled S-C-I-E-N-C-E.

On my desk is displayed the different elements I used to create the letters and the art to go along with them. First, I traced letters from a template. Then, I measured and placed each letter in the middle of a box.

For the illustrations I widened each letter. My job is to capture images or a mood from the magazine articles.

The last step was to figure out the color scheme. I had to be very sensitive about how the letters worked all together and if they worked side by side.
I can always tell I'm done when I feel a sense of balance in my body.

Then the letters were published. Each article had one letter pop out.


Scroll down to see all the letters from SCIENCE.
BONUS Scroll down to the end and get a FREE Coloring Page!

Happy Fall and Back-To-School Everyone! xo Melanie













FREE Coloring page! Click to Enlarge and Print.



All Designs and Illustrations Copyright Melanie Hope Greenberg 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I like this post:

You create good material for community.

Please keep posting.

Let me introduce other material that may be good for net community.

Source: Business teacher interview questions

Best rgs
Peter