Monday, April 6, 2009

Melanie's Art Exhibition * Brooklyn Central Library * So Grand


I installed my exhibition "ORDINARY INTO EXTRAORDINARY" in 28 showcase displays at Brooklyn Central Library Youth Wing, Grand Army Plaza. I am so honored.

My exhibition is from April 7 through June 13, 2009 and celebrates 20 years of being a published picture book author and illustrator. Original illustrations from seven of my picture books will portray New York City's urban communities. I also display examples of my picture book process.


BPL librarian and angel, Michael Santangelo adds sparkle to the showcases and helped with the installation.

Here I am installing original illustrations from MERMAIDS ON PARADE.


Job well done.



Curator Barbara Wing by the golden feet at the library's fabulous front entrance. Always a joy to work with, Barbara's good energy made the exhibition so much fun to create.

4 comments:

Saumya said...

Mel. I am so proud of you and will be honored to attend tomorrow!

Nicole Feliciano said...

Congrats! I blogged about it here:

http://www.momtrendsnyc.com/2009/04/melanie-hope-greenberg-exhibition-at.html

heidi said...

Aloha Melanie,
I met you briefly at the Jane Adams Peace Ass. Book Awards in October. You gave me your delightful card from Mermaids on Parade. The very next day I spent a day in Brooklyn, my first day, and walked to Coney Island with my partner's brother, a long time resident. It was then I learned out the Mermaid Parade tradition. Thank you for adding color and context to my visit and memory. I will definitely pass on the show info to my brother. All the best to you,
heidi

melanie hope greenberg said...

Dear Heidi, Thanks for saying hi on my blog. I clicked on your name and went to your esty page. Your photographs are very beautiful; I love all the rainbow colors. You would love the Mermaid Parade, it's a kinetic rainbow.