Friday, January 27, 2017

AMERICANLY


I've published a new picture book titled, AMERICANLY, by Lynn Parrish Sutton, with Kane Miller Books ISBN 978-1-61067-511-6


While researching the art for AMERICANLY, I felt awestruck by the vast and diverse beauty of the land. It was fun to create art for a poem that says, "I Love You" described as adverbs, to our nation's cities, states, rivers, oceans, natural and historical landmarks, from sea to shining sea.

The book has a cool video,


and a super cool Resources Page which includes my FREE Coloring Pages, Interviews with the Author and Illustrator, a Glossary, and more.

The book celebrated the 100th Year Anniversary of the National Park Service, and has received some wonderful reviews.

"I LOVE YOU AMERICANLY" The language is both playful and informative ("I love you faithfully like Yellowstone's spout). The illustrations match the playfulness of the text with vivid colors. A must have for history/geography teachers and art teachers will find much to study, too.”
- Teri Lesesne, Nerdy Book Club

“I love you Americanly, I must be confessin’. This is one sensational geography lesson."
- NC Teacher Stuff

You can get the book here.

No comments: